Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Sock Slogging Away

Hmmmm, the Summer of Socks is going to get two pair out of me, I think. Other stuff just keeps coming up. But they are two lovely pair which which I am quite content. Lots of other ideas, but must finish these two first. One sock plus 1/3 of one to go. When I look at one of our fellow bloggers and her methodical and creative production. I hang my head in shame. A wee bit anyway.
From the garden, this is one I don't think most people know. Unless they lived in New Orleans, or at least the Deep South! Spider Ginger!!! The most fragant blossom I know. I dug it up with my bare hands to take with me when I left the Crescent City. It decided to bloom about a month earlier than usual, and I'm not sure what to think. The rain? Odd. But may I tell you how heavenly it smells tonight under what appears to be a full moon. Something between ginger, honeysuckle and gardenia with a bit of tuberose thrown in.

And here is my sock progress. Took these photos yesterday since which I have finished the toes and they are waiting to be kitchenered. Wondering if I will have the patience for that at Knit Night? The most beautiful things about these socks in this photo are those little balls of yarn. Nervous as could be to run out and in fact I have a dab of leftovers.
And here is my STR Summer Solstice sock, waiting for a foot and a brother. So you see, although slow, I am slogging away at my projects. Once these darlings are done, I can finish the three pairs which are ever so close, then I get to start something new! What shall it be?These were the sock yarn stash additions from the yarn shop with Jo.
These are two new yarns from Rio de la Plata, quite reasonable and decent yardage.

And here is a skein of Madelaine Tosh. There were at least twenty colors to look over and this one single strand had my name on it.

And here's a close-up of one of my hand dyes from Heritage Ranch. Of course, the photo doesn't do it justice.
Now for fun, here is my Peculiar Aristocratic Title:
My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Noble Excellency Angeluna the Innocent of Herring-le-hole
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title
I must admit I had way, way too much fun with this and found these other titles:

Lady Madame Angeluna the Ineffable of Goosnargh on the Carpet
Countess-Palatine Angeluna the Subversive of London by the BowHer Most Serene Highness Lady Angeluna the Fifteenth of Pease Pottage
Reverend Lady Angeluna the Erudite of Lower Slaughter
Her Most Serene Highness Lady Angeluna the Subversive of Molton St Anywhere
Her Noble Excellency Angeluna the Blue of Witchampton Under Buzzard
Now, go get your own!!!

2 comments:

Jo at Celtic Memory Yarns said...

Oh I LOVE the title(s)! Went over to look and realised that I could spend all day enjoying myself with new and entertaining handles to my name instead of finishing those darned Pomatomus!

Thanks for posting the Spider Ginger - I just missed seeing it open when I was there with you, didn't I? Wonder if it would survive in Ireland? Not unless I recreated its original habitat, I suspect.

So what are the new sock projects going to be? Come on, tell all! How about Fawkes? I'm in the middle of dyeing up another colourway for those.

Anonymous said...

Love the titles too! I'm Grand Duchess Constance the Euphonious of Praze-an-Beeble. *snicker*